Last updated: December 4, 2021
Thank you for shopping at the UnScripted Shop.
If, for any reason, You are not completely satisfied with a purchase We invite You to review our policy on refunds and returns. This Return and Refund Policy has been created with the help of the Return and Refund Policy Generator.
The following terms are applicable for any products that You purchased with Us.
Interpretation and Definitions.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Return and Refund Policy:
- Business (referred to as either “the Business”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to UnScripted Enterprises, Zenith Fountains on Kandara Road, Kileleshwa, Nairobi.
- Goods refer to the items offered for sale on the Service.
- Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Website refers to UnScripted, accessible from https://shop.unscripted.co.ke
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Your Order Cancellation Rights.
You are entitled to cancel your Order within 30 days of purchase, accompanied with a reason for doing so.
The deadline for cancelling an Order is 30 days from the date on which You received the Goods or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered.
In order to exercise your right of cancellation, You must inform us of your decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by emailing us at: email@example.com
We will reimburse you no later than 14 days from the day on which we receive the returned Goods. We will use the same means of payment as you used for the Order, and you will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
Conditions for Returns.
In order for the Goods to be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- The Goods were purchased in the last 30 days.
- The Goods are in the original packaging.
- The Goods were damaged while in transit to the client/during delivery and NOT damaged after delivery.
- The Goods did not fit the description given on the shop product page.
The following Goods cannot be returned:
- Digital products sold such as studies, workbooks etc.
- Sale items. Only regular priced items can be refunded.
- The supply of Goods made to your specifications or clearly personalized.
- The supply of Goods which according to their nature are not suitable to be returned, deteriorate rapidly or where the date of expiry is over.
- The supply of Goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
- The supply of Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any merchandise that does not meet the above return conditions in our sole discretion.
Only regular priced goods may be refunded. Unfortunately, goods on sale cannot be refunded. This exclusion may not apply to you if it is not permitted by applicable law (Kenyan Law & Common Law).
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to us. You should send the Goods at the following address:
We cannot be held responsible for goods damaged or lost in return shipment. Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable mail service. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the goods or proof of received return delivery.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your mpesa account/bank account/paypal account again.
If you used a credit or debit card, then contact your the respective company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted, and your bank. This is because there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you in 3 to 4 business days.
If the Goods were marked as a gift when purchased and then shipped directly to you, You’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned product is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to You.
If the Goods weren’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give it to you later, We will send the refund to the gift giver.
Once you have recached out to us concering a refund as per the above guidelines and it is approved, we will email you the address to which your defective or damaged product shall be returned to.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are returning more expensive items, you may consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to refunds and returns.